Love SwimRun Llanberis will take place in Padarn Country Park, Llanberis, Snowdonia National Park, North Wales. The multi transition course at Llanberis in North Wales will involve a total of approximately 3.5km of swimming and 12.5km of running. The running route will take in some of Snowdonia’s most stunning scenery and views on mainly off road terrain, including beautiful woodland, a historic monument and a tough climb up into the old slate quarries that tower above the valley. The swim sections will all take place in Llyn Padarn, entering and exiting the lake at various locations, so by the time you reach the finish line you will have swum the entire length and explored every corner!
The course will be fully marked. A map is available here: Love SwimRun Map
- location: Y Glyn (The Lagoons) Llanberis, North Wales. LL55 4EL. Map
- Total course distance: Approximately 16km (3.5km of swimming and 12.5km of running)
- Longest run: Approximately 8km
- Longest Swim: Approximately 1.6km
- Transitions: 4 swims, 4 runs
- Elevation gain: 300m
- Cut off: 3.5 hours to finish swim 2.
- Aid stations: 2
- Online entry opens: October 24th 2015.
- Online entry closes: 5pm on Monday 20th June 2016.
You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the race to enter the event.
EARLY BIRD OFFER! On or before 29th February 2016 Team of 2: £130 + £10 refundable deposit Solo: £75 + £10 refundable deposit
After 29th February 2016
- Team of 2: £150 + £10 refundable deposit
- Solo: £85 + £10 refundable deposit
Entry fee includes:
- Event bib* (to be returned)
- Event swim hat (to keep!)
- Use of electronic timing chips*
- Fuel and hydration during race
- Post-event refreshments
- Race medal
- Free event photos
- Prize for winners in each category – supplied by Zone3
* A refundable deposit of £10 will be taken at time of entry. This will be refunded on the race finish line once both bibs and chips have been handed in.
- There will be a mandatory equipment check at registration.
- 1 First aid T4 Trauma bandage in waterproof packaging (1 per team)
- 1 wetsuit per participant suitable for water temperature of 12-14 degrees Celsius
- 1 pair goggles per participant
- 1 pair trainers per participant
- 1 whistle per participant
Additional mandatory equipment for solo competitors
- 1 Tow float (for Solo competitors only)
Mandatory equipment that Love SwimRun will supply
- Race bibs – must be worn at all times during the race and must not be modified
- Timing chip
- Swim caps – must be worn during all the swims
Strongly recommended equipment
- Hydration system
- Emergency food
- 1 mobile phone per team in waterproof case
Going on average water temperatures for the end of June over the last few years, we expect the water temperature in Llyn Padarn to be between 14°C and 16°C for our Love SwimRun Llanberis event. The temperature in the lake can vary quite a lot depending on the amount of rainfall and sunshine we have but we will keep you updated on the water temperature in the run up to the event.
Enter Love SwimRun Llanberis Now!
We are super exited to have Zone3 on board as our SwimRun event sponsors. They will be suppling the winners of each category with a prize of £50 vouchers to spend at www.racezone3.com, plus there will be a few spot prizes given out at random. Zone3 are also offering all Love SwimRun participants a 15% discount on their SwimRun specific wetsuit, the Evolution and their whole range of tri and swim gear! You will receive a special discount code once you have registered.
IcebugUK are also offering Love SwimRun participants 20% off any pair of Icebug shoes at www.icebuguk.com. You will receive a special discount code once you have registered. See Swim are offering Love SwimRun participants their tow float bag at a special price of £25, including postage. You can see it here: www.seeswim.co.uk. You will receive a special link to purchase it at the reduced price once you have registered.
Registration and kit inspections take place on Saturday 25th June 2016 from 07:30 at Surflines, Unit 3, Y Glyn, Llanberis, LL55 4EL, UK. Please arrive as early as possible and ensure you have your mandatory equipment with you – your kit will be checked! Teams will be issued with their race bibs and hats during registration. Registration closes at 09.00. Route and safety briefing The briefing will be held at 09:40 on Saturday 25th June 2016 at Y Glyn (The Logoons), Llanberis. Teams who have not attended the brief will not be allowed to start. Race finish On crossing the finish line, competitors can hand in their race bibs and timing chip in exchange for their £10 deposit and race souvenir. A deposit will not be refunded if bibs and timing chips are not returned or are returned damaged.
Schedule of events
- 07:30 Registration opens
- 09:00 Registration closes
- 09:40 Route and safety brief
- 10:00 Arrive at start line
- 10:05 Race start – Solos
- 10:10 Race start – Teams
- 15:00 Zone3 Prize giving
Prizes & party!
Prizes will be supplied by Zone3 and will be given at our Love SwimRun after race party that will take place at The Heights, 74 High Street, Llanberis, LL55 4HB. UK. Food will be available and the bar will be open! All competitors will receive a race souvenir. Prizes will be awarded to the first team/solo in each category, with a special Love SwimRun trophy going to the overall winner. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Zone3: www.racezone3.com
Parking & toilet facilities
There is plenty of parking within the parking bay areas of Y Glyn (The Lagoons). Please do not park on the road. There are public toilets at the end of the road leading into Y Glyn.
By car: Llanberis typically is 5 hours from London by car, 2 hours from Manchester. To access Llanberis turn off at Junction 20 of the M6 onto the M56, follow signs for NORTH WALES to reach the A55. Use post code 1155 4EL in your Sat Nav. Public transport: The closest train station to Llanberis is in Bangor. Buses run from Bangor to Llanberis.
See our list of accommodation providers here.
Spectators are welcome at Love SwimRun events. Please park considerately and use the parking bays in Y Glyn. Please do not park on the road. There are plenty of good spots from which to support your friends. After seeing the race start at Y Glyn, we recommend that you walk down to the south end of the lake where you’ll be able to see them finishing the first long run and setting off on the second swim. You’ll have plenty of time to walk back to Y Glyn to see the race finishers. If you are feeling energetic you could even walk all the way around the lake! We would advise you to dress warmly and wear suitable footwear for walking on rough ground. If you take any photos or videos we would love to see them! If you are interested in volunteering on the day, please get in touch!