We need you!
We are always looking for staff to help with our open water swimming and SwimRun events. Without these patient and dedicated teams we would be unable to provide the safety that is required for the race participants. Marshals are invaluable members of our team and we are incredibly grateful for their time, help and support!
Marshals will take on one (sometimes two!) of the following rolls:
Our event days start early with people arriving to register from 7.30am. We need friendly early birds to help sign people in, hand out goody bags, check kit and, fit timing chips and direct people to the coffee van!
Love SwimRun courses are fully supported by manned checkpoints offering food, drinks and plenty of encouragement! As a checkpoint crew member you need to be on site throughout the day of the race. Duties may include establishing the checkpoint, setting out food and drinks, recording race numbers and times with our electronic system, coordinating with the Water Safety Crews and Race HQ, helping teams fill their hydration systems, providing directions and other information as required. Water entries and exits must all be manned. Most importantly for this role you need to be friendly, encouraging and to have fun!
Qualified and experienced first-aiders will need to be stationed at all main checkpoints and race HQ.
Water safety crew:
The swimming element of the race requires extra safety measures including kayak/canoe support. In this role you will be required to mark the route and/or follow swimmers along the course, looking out for and providing assistance to any swimmers that are struggling and provide assistance or directions if necessary. Water based crew need to be experienced and confident in a kayak.
If you would like to work at one of our events please apply via the form below and let us know how you can help. We will supply all the equipment you will need, including a shack pack!
The dates of our events are:
- 6th June 2020 – The Big Bala Swim, Bala
- 20th June 2020 – Love SwimRun Llanberis
- 11th July 2020 – The Big Welsh Swim, Llanberis
- 5th September 2020 – Love SwimRun Holy Island, Anglesey
If you can commit to a day of your time, in return, along with a lot of fun, we can offer you one of the following:
- £60 – £100 (depending on experience/qualifications) for kayakers with ther own equipment – Age 16+.
- A £50 Love SwimRun voucher to pay for/put towards one of our other events.
- A free 1 day REC Emergency First Aid at Work course worth £68 (held prior to the event so you will have those skills on hand). If you do two days marshalling you can do a 2 day REC Emergency Outdoor First Aid course.
- £35-50 for land based marshals depending on the roll and the time it takes – Age 18+.
Thank you! 🙂