Helping to support
It’s hard to keep motived with your running and swimming training at this time of year, so what better way to reward yourself, than by earning this fantastic personalised neck warmer and contributing to charity at the same time?
The British Red Cross have been doing amazing work helping people across the globe for 150 years! As one of the UK’s leading emergency response organisations, the charity is always on standby to help with UK emergencies and the corona virus, now called Covid-19, is no exception. The Red Cross is part of the resilience plan of every local authority in the country – they have already been working hard in the UK supporting people in quarantine, providing medical equipment and supplies. Very importantly, they are also helping keep people in vulnerable overseas countries safe from coronavirus.
About the Virtual Swimrun Challenge
This is a personal challenge, not a race! You don’t have to be a swimrunner to complete this challenge – you can complete the running and swimming distances separately if you want to, or you can just swim OR run! If you are not a runner, you can walk instead! You can run or walk on-road, off-road, on a track or on a treadmill. You can swim indoors or outdoors! Whatever works best for you – as long as you complete the total distances you will have completed the challenge and will have earned your neck warmer!
This virtual challenge can take place wherever you want, in your own time and at your own pace. Whenever you run or swim during the challenge time frame, you can be earning your personalised neck warmer! Fit it into your normal training schedule, do it as an extra challenge or even during another competitive race! Complete it all in one go or break it up into smaller workout sessions.
There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids, your grannie or even your dog! Do it alone or grab some mates and complete it as a group challenge!
Once you have completed your challenge just email your evidence for approval and the neck warmer will be personalised with your name and distance and sent out to you by post! This is JUST FOR FUN, there are no winners in this challenge so there is no point in cheating – you will only be cheating yourself!
*** ALL CHALLENGES MUST BE COMPLETED & EVIDENCE SUBMITTED BY 30th JUNE 2020 TO QUALIFY FOR THE NECK WARMER ***
As you finish your challenge we will add your name to our ‘Virtual SwimRun Hall of Fame’ on our website!
Choose your Virtual Swimrun Challenge:
There are 5 Challenges for you to choose from – pick the one that suits your ability. You can choose to make it as hard for yourself (or someone else!) as you like but don’t forget it’s meant to be fun and needs to be achievable or you won’t get your neck warmer! (You can up or down grade if you want to later on: see FAQ below!)
The Killer Virtual Swimrun challenge: Total 180km
Run or walk 150km / Swim 30km
The Ultra Virtual Swimrun challenge: Total 120km
Run or walk 100km / Swim 20km
The Long Virtual Swimrun challenge: Total 80km
Run or walk 70km / Swim 10km
The Sprint Virtual Swimrun challenge: Total 30km
Run or walk 25km / Swim 5km
The Mini Virtual Swimrun challenge: Total 12km
Run or walk 10km / Swim 2km
The Virtual Run challenge: Total 50km/25km/10km
Just running / No swimming!
The Virtual Swim challenge: Total 10km/5km
No running / Just swimming!
Includes: £5 donation to The British Red Cross
N.B. When entering this race, the purchase price is for entry to the challenge and not the neck warmer itself, the neck warmer is the reward for every finishing entrant! It will only be sent out once your race evidence is submitted and approved.
Entries close on 26th June 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I have to do to sign up?
- It’s super easy! Select UK or Overseas entry box below.
- Select the challenge you want to complete from the drop down menu.
- Add the participant name
- Add the name you would like to be printed on the finishers neck warmer – max 20 letters please.
- Complete your payment in Paypal – you don’t need a Paypal account to do this, just check out as a guest!
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the address your provide is the same as you’d like the neck warmer to be posted to. If you supply the wrong address we cannot be held responsible for a lost neck warmer!
- Complete your running and swimming by 30th June, send us your race evidence and we will send you your neck warmer in the post!
Do you accept only running evidence?
No! We understand that everyone is at their own stage of exercise so we are now happy to accept evidence of running or walking. We also know that not everyone is able to run or walk so we can also accept evidence of cycling instead of running or walking but we ask that you let us know by email if you are using a bike or wheel chair of any kind only so that we can record this on the leader board. If you cannot swim, how about rowing, kayaking or SUPing instead – just let us know!
Do I have to swim outdoors?
No! you can include any swims you do in the pool too.
Do I actually have to swimrun?
No! If you want to complete all or some of your distance as a swimrun you can, but if you want to split it up into individual swims and runs, that is fine too.
Have I got to complete the distance all in one go?
No, you can split your challenge over a few days, weeks or months and your sessions can be any distance you like! Just record what you do each day and keep adding up until you have completed the challenge distances!
Who can enter a virtual race?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to enter that they should complete the distance under supervision of a parent/guardian (running and swimming together is more fun!) but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there and run, walk, hike, whatever works for you! By entering our Virtual SwimRun Challenge you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by completing your race is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your challenge.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International Participants’ option when you enter and you are ready to go!
How do I send you my evidence?
Once you have completed your distances, please email us at email@example.com with your name and entry number, attaching any evidence as a pdf or jpeg.
ALL EVIDENCE MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MIDNIGHT ON 30th JUNE 2020 TO QUALIFY FOR THE NECK WARMER
What do you mean by race evidence?
If you use one of the many running apps or fitness watches available, just take a screen grab of your total distances for your running and swimming and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t like using technology you can keep a spreadsheet or notebook of your run and swim distances, and send us a screen shot or photo when you have completed your distances. However you want to do it is fine! If you tell us you’ve done it we will believe you and if you cheat, well you will only be cheating yourself!!
Please only send evidence via email. We unfortunately cannot accept evidence that has been sent over social media platform or via text message. Please only send pdf or jpeg files.
When will I get my neck warmer?
We aim to send neck warmers out at least once a week but it may take up to 4 weeks to receive your neck warmer. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your neck warmer is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will only send out a replacement at an additional cost of £10.
How do you know where to send my neck warmer to?
All neck warmers will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the challenge.
How do you stop people from cheating?
We do realise that no matter what we do or how we structure it people are always going to be able to cheat if that’s what they want to do. E.g. Put their Garmin on their dog or lie about what they have done. As there are no prizes there is really no point in cheating! If someone wants to cheat then they are only really cheating themselves and wasting their money!
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! You can sign up and start any time up until 26th June 2020 and from any location!
When does my challenge start and finish?
Your challenge will officially start on the date that you sign up. It officially ends on the day you submit your finishers evidence. All challenges must be finished and evidence submitted by 30th June 2020.
What if I do not submit my completion evidence by 30th June?
The deadline for submission is the 30th June 2020. If we have not received your completion evidence by this date we will not be able to send you your personalised finishers neck warmer. You will not be eligible for a refund.
We have gone into lockdown due to coronavirus and I can’t complete my challenge!
Eeek! Don’t worry! If we have to go into Lockdown in the UK because of coronavirus we will extend the evidence submission deadline date by as many days as we have to stay isolated.
Can I upgrade or downscale my Virtual SwimRun Challenge distance?
Yes, if you find you want to make your challenge bigger or are struggling to complete it and want to down size the distances that is fine! Just write to us at: email@example.com and let us know which challenge you want to change to and we will make that change for you and send you a notification.
I’m injured/sick and I cannot finish the challenge.
If you can no longer finish the challenge just write to at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2020 and we will make sure you still get your personalised scarf if you want it. Unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund.
How much of my entry fee goes towards chairty?
£5 from your entry fee will be given to charity – The British Red Cross.
ENTER NOW! (UK PARTICIPANTS)
ENTER NOW! (INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS)
Terms and Conditions
For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to The Virtual SwimRun Challenge, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to The Virtual SwimRun Challenge, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants acknowledge that they will only receive a neck warmer if they are registered by the cut off date of 26th June 2020, and submit their evidence by 30th June 2020 and that neck warmers are posted to the address provided on registration.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and completing the distance they have nominated. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual swimrun and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- For an entry to be valid, entrants must complete the entry form, and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event
- By entering this event, entrants consent to their personal information being used by Love SwimRun Ltd. for media publication and announcement of results unless they specifically opt out at time of registration.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their nominated distances in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for the space in the race and not to ‘purchase’ the neck warmer. The neck warmer is a reward for all completing the challenge by the 30th June 2020.