The Virtual Spooky Swim & Halloween Party Plunge
Not just one, but two patches to earn this month!
VISIT THE HALLOWEEN PARTY VIRTUAL POOL!
Take on the challenge of our October Spooky Swim and set yourself a swim distance goal for the month and/or join us at the Halloween Party Plunge for a virtual social splash about on 31st October! Send us a photo of your ghoulish dip and we will add you to our Halloween Party Plunge page on the website! This month we are raising money for Water Aid.
About The Virtual Spooky Swim
The Virtual Spooky Swim is a fun swimming challenge that you can complete wherever you like, any time during October! We have 5 distances to choose from and you can either complete your chosen distance in one go or as multiple swims over the whole month. This isn’t a race, you complete your swim purely as a personal challenge in your own time and at your own pace. We would love to see photos of you doing your Spooky Swims so please tag us in your pictures on social media @loveswimrun.
You can swim in the sea, a lake or the pool, wetsuit or non-wetsuit. There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids or your grannie! Do it alone or complete it as a socially distanced challenge with some friends!
Once you have completed your swim, you are welcome to email us to let us know, send us a photo if you want to and the sew-on patch will be sent out to you by post when the challenge finishes! (You do not have to send in a photo, any evidence or even tell us you have done the swim! We will still send you your sew-on patch)
There are 5 Spooky Swim distances for you to choose from. You can complete your chosen distance in one go or as multiple swims over the whole month:
– Spirit Swim: 2km
– Shadow Swim: 5km
– Ghostly Swim: 10km
– Phantom Swim: 20km
– Spectre Swim: 30km
Please note: there is only one patch design for the Spooky Swim – it will not display your chosen distance.
See our FAQ’s at the bottom of the page for lots more information!
About The Virtual Halloween Party Plunge
Halloween is a great time for a party!… but with social distancing in place parties are more tricky (and not so much treat)! Instead, we thought it would be nice if we had a virtual Halloween watery get together!
This is a personal event, not a race! You don’t have to swim in any particular place or any particular distance! Dress up, swim with a pumpkin, go for a night swim….as long as you swim, or even just get in some water on the 31st October (Halloween!) you will have earned your special sew on-patch! Take a photo and we will add you to our ‘Virtual Halloween Pool Party’ web page so you can all see each other swimming! We will dedicate a page on our website to collate all your photos and names so it will be as if we all went for a big spooky swim together! (Photos must be received by 1st November 10pm if you want them included on the page)
There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up or sign up with friends or family.
Raising Money for WaterAid
We all need clean water to wash our hands, keep our homes and hospitals clean and protect against COVID-19. But many people struggle to access this vital resource, putting them at risk. WaterAid provides clean water, decent toilets and hygiene knowledge to people who don’t yet have access to them. Access to clean water and toilets is a human right, and should be a normal part of daily life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid work with communities to build low-cost, sustainable solutions that meet their needs. They also work with local and national government in the countries where they operate, developing solutions to help them provide water, toilets and hygiene to everyone.
£1 profit from each event you enter will be given to WaterAid. You can also make an optional extra donation if you wish.
Price: £10.00 per person (for each event) or £18.50 per person to enter both.
International Entry: £11.00 or £20.50 to enter both.
Includes: Your entry to The Virtual Spooky Swim or The Halloween Party Plunge (both if you enter as a bundle), sew-on patch/s and postage, £1 donation per event entry to WaterAid.
Entries close on 1st November 2020.
How to sign up
It’s super easy to register!
- Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
- Click in the button below to go to the entry system.
- Choose the event or bundle you require (make sure if you are not in the UK you choose the International option)
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the address your provide is the same as you’d like the sew-on patch to be posted to. If you supply the wrong address we cannot be held responsible for a lost patch!
- Complete your swim by 31st October and we will send you your patch in the post when the challenge finishes!
Do I have to swim outdoors?
No! You can swim in a swimming pool.
Where can I do my swim?
You can complete your swim anywhere you want – in the sea, a lake, river, pool or even as a tethered swim.
Can I do my swim tethered in a paddling pool?
Yes you can! How you measure your distance is up to you.
Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
Have I got to complete the Spooky Swim distance all in one go?
No, you can if you want to or you can complete it as multiple swims over the month.
Who can enter a virtual swim?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to enter that they should complete the swim under supervision of a parent/guardian but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there and swim! By entering our Virtual Swim you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by completing your race is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your swim.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International Participants’ option when you enter.
Do I need to send you swim evidence?
No but we’d love to see photos of you swimming, please email us at email@example.com with your name. Please only send photos via email. We unfortunately cannot accept photos that are been sent over social media platform or via text message.
ALL PHOTOS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MIDNIGHT ON 31st October 2020
When will I get my sew-on patch?
We will send out all patches once the challenge finishes at the end of the October. It may take 3 weeks to receive your patch as we will need to order them and get them posted. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your patch is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will be unable to send out a replacement.
How do you know where to send my sew-on patch?
All sew-on patches will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the challenge.
How do you stop people from cheating?
We do realise that no matter what we do or how we structure it people are always going to be able to cheat if that’s what they want to do. As there are no prizes for fastest times so there is really no point in cheating! If someone wants to cheat then they are only really cheating themselves and wasting their money!
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! You can sign up any time up until 1st November 2020 and from any location!
When do I do my swim?
The Virtual Spooky Swim officially starts on 1st October and finishes on 31st October 2020. You can do your swim at any time during that month. All challenges must be finished and evidence submitted by 31st July 2020.
The Halloween Party Plunge must be completed on 31st October.
Can I change my Virtual Swim distance?
Yes, if you find you want to change the swim distance you signed up for that is ok! Just write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which distance you want to change to and we will make that change for you.
I’m injured/sick and I cannot do the swim.
If you can no longer do the swim you still get your sew-on patch. Unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund.
How much of my entry fee goes towards chairty?
£1 from your entry fee will be given to charity.
- Always swim with a buddy or some sort of safety support such as a tow float AND shore watch, etc. Love SwimRun strongly encourages swimmers to use a tow float for both visibility and safety purposes. Carry a waterproofed phone if you can.
- Swim within your limits. Open water conditions vary widely, make sure you know the area you are swimming in well and swim within your abilities when it comes to depth, distance, temperature, waves, currents, water conditions.
- Adhere to whatever local COVID-19 related social distancing rules that may be in place (abiding by beach closures, maximum gathering sizes, etc).
- Only swim where you are legally allowed to do so and adhere to any restrictions in place.
- Leave no trace. Please pick up any litter and leave the water and surrounding areas as you found it
- Only use ‘Reef Safe’ sunscreen and lubricants to protect aquatic life.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to The Virtual Spooky Swim or Halloween Party Plunge Swim, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
- For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to The The Virtual Spooky Swim or Halloween Party Plunge Swim, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual swim and that the organisers will not provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants have read and agree to abide by the ‘Swim Safely’ advice provided.
- Entrants acknowledge that there are no winners or prizes.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the participant listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser of this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their swim in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for entry to the event and not to ‘purchase’ the sew-on patch. The patch is a reward for all completing the swim during October 2020.
- Photos to be included in the ‘Virtual Halloween Pool Party’ web page must be received by 1st November 10pm or they may not be included.