The Love SwimRun Virtual Summer Solstice Swim
21st June 2020
Let’s all get together to celebrate the Summer Solstice with a swim (virtually of course!) and receive this commemorative sew-on patch!
We are raising money for Anglesey Sea Zoo who have been forced to close due to Covid-19.
Usually to celebrate the Summer Solstice I’d get together with a bunch of mermates to have a a swim and make a splash on the longest day. This year is a little different due to lock down. Many of us swimmers are still unable to travel to many of the places where we’d normally swim or meet up with our swimming friends, so I thought it would be nice if we had a virtual watery get together!
About The Virtual Summer Solstice Swim
This is a personal event, not a race! You don’t have to swim in any particular place or any particular distance! As long as you swim, or even just get in some water on the 21st June (or there abouts!) you will have earned your special sew on-patch!
This virtual swim can take place wherever you want, in your own time and at your own pace.
There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids, your grannie or even your dog! Do it alone or grab some mates (at a social distance of course) and go for a swim!
The Virtual swimming pool!
After your Summer Solstice Swim, send us a photo and we will add you to our ‘Virtual Pool’ web page so you can all see each other swimming! We will dedicate a page on our website to collate all your photos and names so it will be as if we all went for a big swim together!
Raising money for Anglesey Sea Zoo
We will be donating £1 for each entry to Anglesey Sea Zoo. Having been forced to close their doors due to Covid-19 legislation they are now struggling financially. Whilst other similar attractions in England are finally being able to re-open, here in Wales business continues to suffer.With so much pressure on the ocean from human activity, conservation is increasingly the most important aspect of the work of any aquarium. For this reason Anglesey Sea Zoo has developed and is running captive breeding, release, conservation and education programmes. They assist in marine life rescues and rehabilitation, promote environmental sustainability and conservation and organise regular beach cleans. We’d like to help them continue this vital work during this difficult time.
You can also make a donation direct to Anglesey Sea Zoo by going to: https://www.angleseyseazoo.co.uk/en/sea-zoo-emergency-appeal
Includes: Sew-on badge, postage, listing in the Virtual Pool and £1 donation to Anglesey Sea Zoo.
We aim to get your patches sent out to you within 2 weeks of the entry deadline date (22nd June) as we will only order the exact number of badges required to save any waste.
Entries close on 22nd June 2020.
How to enter!
It’s super easy!
- Using the dropdown menu below, select UK or International entry, add the participants name in the box and click ‘Add to Cart’. This will take you to Paypal where you can complete the payment. (Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page)
- If you want to enter another participant, come back to this page and repeat the process.
- If you want to donate any extra money to Anglesey Sea Zoo, come back to this page and select the amount you want to donate and again click ‘Add to Cart’.
- Complete your payment in Paypal – you don’t need a Paypal account to do this, just check out as a guest!
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the address you provide is the same as you’d like the sew-on patch to be posted to. If you supply the wrong address we cannot be held responsible for a lost patch! If you need to provide a different address please email email@example.com.
- Do your swim and send us your swimming photo to add to the the Virtual Pool!
Sorry, entries are now closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to swim outdoors?
No! Swim anywhere you can, even in the bath or your paddling pool!
Who can enter?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to swim that they should complete the swim under supervision of a parent/guardian but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there and swim! By entering our Virtual Swim you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by doing so is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your swim.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small extra postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International Participants’ option when you enter and you are ready to go!
How do I send you my photos?
Once you have completed your swim you can email any photos you want to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name. Or you can send them to Love SwimRun via Facebook messenger or post them on the Facebook event page.
When will I get my sew-on patch?
We aim to get your patches sent out to you within 2 weeks of the entry deadline date (22nd June) as we will only order the exact number of badges required to save any waste. It may take up to 4 weeks to receive your patch depending on the supplier and delivery times. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your patch is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will only send out a replacement at an additional cost of £10.
How do you know where to send my sew-on patch to?
All sew-on patches will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the swim via PayPal.
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! You can sign up any time until 22nd June 2020!
When do I do my swim?
You should complete your swim any time on the 21st June, the day of the Summer Solstice!
I’m injured/sick. I signed up but now cannot complete the swim.
Unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. But you could do a swim as soon as you are better and we will still send you your badge.
How much of my entry fee goes towards charity?
£1 from your entry fee will be given to Anglesey Sea Zoo.
Terms and Conditions
For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to The Virtual Summer Solstice Swim, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to The Virtual Summer Solstice Swim, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual swim and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser of this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their swim in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for entry to the event and not to ‘purchase’ the sew-on patch. The patch is a reward for all completing the swim on 21st June 2020.