The Love SwimRun Virtual Winter Solstice Swim
21st December 2020
Following on from our Summer Solstice Swim, let’s all get together (virtually!) to celebrate the Winter Solstice with another dip.
Sign up and receive this commemorative sew-on (or iron-on) patch!
About The Virtual Winter Solstice Swim
This is a personal event, not a race! It’s a virtual get together to celebrate the Winter Solstice to almost reaching. the end of a very odd year! You don’t have to swim in any particular place or any particular distance! As long as you swim, or even just get in some water on the 21st December (or there abouts!) you will have earned your special patch!
This virtual swim can take place wherever you want, in your own time and at your own pace.
There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids, your grannie or even your dog! Do it alone or grab some mates (at a social distance of course) and go for a chilly swim!
The Virtual swimming pool!
After your Winter Solstice Swim, send us a photo and we will add you to our ‘Virtual Pool’ web page so you can all see each other swimming! We will dedicate a page on our website to collate all your photos and names so it will be as if we all went for a big swim together! Photos must be emailed to us at email@example.com and must be received by 23rd December 5pm to be included on the Virtual Pool’ web page.
Raising money for Crisis
Crisis is the UK national charity for homeless people. The charity offers year-round education, employment, housing and well-being services from centres in London, Newcastle, Oxford, Edinburgh and Merseyside, called Crisis Skylight Centres.
As well as year-round services Crisis runs Crisis at Christmas, which since 1972 has been offering food, warmth, companionship and vital services to homeless people over the Christmas period. Thousands of homeless people visit Crisis at Christmas centres, which are run by about 11,000 volunteers.
Since its inception in the sixtes, Crisis has been a campaigning organisation, lobbying government for political change that prevents and mitigates homelessness based on research commissioned and undertaken by the organisation. The believe that ‘Together we can end homelessness’, and we’d like to try and help!
International entry: £11
Includes: Sew-on badge, postage, listing in the Virtual Pool. £1 from each entry will be donated to Crisis.
We aim to get your patches sent out to you within 3-4 weeks of the entry deadline date (22nd December) as we will only order the exact number of badges required to save any waste. This may take longer than usual due to the Christmas period!
Entries close on 22nd December 2020.
How to enter!
It’s super easy!
- Click on the link below to go to the entry system. Select UK or international entry and follow the prompts!
- Do your swim and send us your swimming photo to add to the the Virtual Pool!
Enter the Virtual Winter Solstice Swim
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to swim outdoors?
No! Swim anywhere you can, the pool is fine, even in the bath or your paddling pool!
When do I do my swim?
You should aim to complete your swim any time on the 21st December, the day of the Winter Solstice! We realise this is on a monday so it will be much easier for some people to complete their swim on Sunday 20th instead (or another day if lockdown makes things hard for you!) and that is absolutely fine!
Who can enter?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to swim that they should complete the swim under supervision of a parent/guardian but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there and swim! By entering our Virtual Swim you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by doing so is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your swim.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small extra postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International Participants’ option when you enter and you are ready to go!
How do I send you my photos?
Once you have completed your swim you can email any photos you want to included on the website to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name. Photos must be emailed, not sent on social media, and received no later than Wednesday 23rd Dec 5pm to be included on the Virtual Pool web page.
When will I get my sew-on patch?
We aim to get your patches sent out to you within 3-4 weeks of the entry deadline date (22nd December) as we will only order the exact number of badges required to save any waste. It may take up to 4 weeks to receive your patch depending on the supplier and delivery times. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your patch is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will only send out a replacement at an additional cost of £10.
How do you know where to send my sew-on patch to?
All sew-on patches will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the swim via PayPal.
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! You can sign up any time until 22nd December 2020!
I’m injured/sick. I signed up but now cannot complete the swim.
Unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund. But you could do a swim as soon as you are better and we will still send you your badge.
How much of my entry fee goes towards charity?
£1 from your entry will be given to Crisis Charity. This amounts to 25% of profit. We are a business with expenses and overheads and not a charity. However we are choosing to donate to charity with every virtual event that run despite really struggling this year having had to cancel all of our real events. Of course, if you would prefer to you could donate £10 direct to Crisis instead. You can do that here: https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/donate-to-crisis-this-christmas/ Thank you!
Terms and Conditions
For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to The Virtual Winter Solstice Swim, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to The Virtual Winter Winter Solstice Swim, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual swim and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser of this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their swim in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for entry to the event and not to ‘purchase’ the sew-on patch. The patch is a reward for all completing the swim on 21st December 2020.