Guided 10km Carneddau Trail Run
Join us for a trail run on the beautiful Carneddau mountains on the North Wales coast – our back garden!
This is a hilly 10km off road run with approx 450m of ascent* and is one of our regular favourite routes! The scenery is beautiful – you can expect technical narrow foot paths, wide rocky trails, hidden ponds and streams, beautiful mountain and coastal views, plenty of wildlife including the wild Carneddau ponies and their foals! The route is circular, so you’ll finish up back at your cars, and a pub where we can have a drink!
You will need a fairly good level of fitness to take part and to have some experience of off road running and hills. There will be no need to navigate, as the run will be fully guided.
* The route may vary slightly depending on where I have seen the ponies most recently as they are well worth visiting, however we cannot guarantee we will see them! Depending on the ability of the group we may be able to add in some optional extra hill challenges for those who want them!
Total distance: Approx 10km
Total ascent: Approx 450m
Price: £15pp (includes £1 booking fee)
Location: Dwgygfylchi, North Wales
Places available: 12
Pace, Ability & Experience
This is a sociable excursion and the ability of the members of the group will vary so please be aware that you may not be traveling as fast as you might if you were running alone! Think of walking briskly the climbs, jogging the flat sections and running the descents with plenty of stops to enjoy the views and look at the wildlife! The pace will be dictated by the guide, taking into account the ability of the group as a whole.
- Off road trainers with good grip
- Windproof jacket (waterproof if raining)
- Mobile Phone
- If hot we recommend you carry water.
- Participants must be age 18+ to take part in this event. Participants age 14+ may take part if accompanied by another participant aged 18+.
You may bring a well behaved dog but you MUST keep him/her on a lead for the entire run.
Covid-19 restrictions are still in place in North Wales and we must adhere to 2m social distancing rules. Currently we are able to meet outdoors in groups of up to 30 people , if the regulations change or we head back into lockdown we may be forced to cancel the event. If we do have to cancel you will be offered an alternative date next year or a full refund minus the booking fee of £1.
Chloe is passionate about being outdoors and on the mountains. Having lived in this part of Northern Snowdonia for 1o years, she knows all the tracks and tails like the back of her hand and will be able to show you all the best the mountains have to offer. As well as managing Love SwimRun and organising all the events we run each year, Chloe holds a number of outdoor qualifications and has plenty of leading and experience under her belt. Her newest qualification allows her to begin sharing her love of open water swimming with you too!
– STA Level 2 Open Water Swimming Coaching
– UK Athletics: Leadership in Running Fitness
– UK Athletics: Safeguarding in Athletics
– Mountain Leader Award
– Rock Climbing Instructor
– Mountain Bike Leader
– REC Outdoor First Aid
Booking Terms and Conditions
Participants must be age 18+ to take part in this trail run. Participants age 14+ may take part if accompanied by another participant aged 18+.
By entering this guided trail run you accept awareness of and agree to the following:
- I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to participating in this trail run, including but not limited to, potential un-clement weather, difficult, technical and hazardous terrain, remote locations, wildlife and I understand that participation is at my own risk.
- I confirm that all my equipment is in good working order and accept that is has been my decision to wear my chosen clothing having been made aware of the potential route conditions.
- I agree that the organisers/guides my request that I retire from the trail run should they believe that continuing will impact on my own well being or the safety of the other member of the group.
- I agree to retire if asked to do so.I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and all equipment during the trail runI attest that I am physically fit and can complete this trail run.
- I will inform the organisers and guides of any physical conditions that may impact on my ability to complete the route or pose a problem during the trail run.
- I will comply with the the terms and conditions of this trail run and any instructions I am given.
- I understand and agree to the Route Changes and Cancellation Policy.
- I agree to adhere to 2m social distancing rules.
- I agree that the organiser retains the right to change the route at any time, before or during the event, for safety or logistical reasons. (Please see Route Changes and Cancellation Policy
- I grant full permission for Love SwimRun to use my image in photographs for future marketing and on social media.
- I indemnify the organisers and guides against any claims that may possibly result from participation in the trail run event. I also indemnify the organisers and guides for any and all consequences which may ensue as a result of this participation.
- I agree to the no Refunds Policy and understand the limited Transfer Options and indemnify the organisers for any travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
- I agree that if the event has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 that I will be offered an alternative date or a full refund minus the booking fee of £1.
Route Changes and Cancellation Policy
This trail run will take place only when the safety of all involved is not comprised by weather or the event of circumstances beyond our control, if either of these circumstances results in us cancelling for safety reasons, complications with the venue or other or unforeseen circumstances, we will do either of the following:
a) Amend a route or change the location within reason to ensure a safe and enjoyable event
b) When the event cannot be held safely due to particular conditions – we will cancel the event.
Where an event is changed to some extent under condition ‘a’ above, no refund will be applicable. In the event of a cancellation under condition ‘b’ above, participants will be given a full refund (minus any booking costs).
Any other costs incurred by the participant including but not limited to travel and accommodation will not be covered by Love SwimRun Ltd. We recommend you take out insurance to cover these expenses.
Refunds and Transfers
No refunds are available once an entry has been received and confirmation of entry has been delivered.
You may transfer your place to another person wishing to take part in the SwimRun. This must be done at least 24 hours prior to the event. You are responsible for informing us of the updated personal and contact information of the new participant. If we have not received this information 24 hours before the trail run date Love SwimRun Ltd. will not accept the transfer.