Love SwimRun – Covid Secure Events
It is important to us that we do out utmost to deliver a COVID Secure events and we will be following all of the relevant guidance from National Governing Bodies as well as the Welsh Assembly Government.
We will need to make changes to the way we normally run our events depending on the guidance at the time, so what is on each event page currently, or what you have experienced at our events in previous years, may not reflect what you see on the day. We will make announcements as and when necessary so keep an eye on our website, social media, and your emails.
We’re working hard to deliver our usual fun, inclusive and exhilarating events. The safety of our participants, marshals and staff is paramount so we will be taking some steps to help ensure this:
SOCIALLY DISTANCED START & FINISH
- Start & finish procedures will be different from what you’re used to, please read your pre-event information carefully.
- We are likely to use a Time Trial start format and give exact times for arrival and a specific start time for your event.
- If you miss your allocated start time due to late arrival on-site, you may not be allowed to take part in the event.
- All points of contact with staff will be socially distanced where possible. Where this is not possible our staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE.
- We ask that once you have finished an event you to clear the finish line quickly and move away to allow space and help ensure the safety of finishers behind you.
- Where event souvenirs are provided these will either be collected at a specific self-service point beyond the finish line or given out at registration.
- We may take your temperature on arrival.
HAND SANITISER WILL BE AVAILABLE
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the event.
- All our staff and marshals will be wearing PPE appropriate to their task. Please respect them and give them space.
SIGNAGE AND INFORMATION
- We will use more signage throughout our events to remind you about the importance of social distancing and hygiene.
- The race briefing will be a video briefing that will be made available before the event. Any changes on the day will announced on the day so keep an ear out for those.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a health questionnaire prior to the event – if we do not receive a copy back you will not be allowed to race. This will be in line with GDPR but will be available to NHS test and trace if needed.
- Spectators may unfortunately not be encouraged.
- You will be advised of the number of spectators you will be allowed to bring in your pre-race information.
- Spectators will not be able to congregate at the Start/Finish areas so they should spread themselves out along the course where appropriate.
REDUCED TIME ON SITE
- We may give participants times to arrive on-site and specific start times.
- We may need to ask participants to leave the event site as soon as is reasonable after they have finished.
FEWER CONTACT POINTS
- Some events may not have any registration
- Where there is registration, strict social distancing measures will apply.
- We may not be able to have a prize-giving ceremony – If so, prizes will be sent out after the event.
- Where there is a prize giving ceremony Social Distancing will be strictly adhered to.
- You can find your results online after the event.
- We may be minimising the number of drink stations available and limiting what is provided.
- You may be required to carry your own water and nutrition – you will be told whether or not you have to as part of the video event briefing and in the Event Information Handbook found online prior to the event.
- Where feed stations are provided they may be self-service only.