There are 44 million people living in Ukraine in fear of their lives
Take on our virtual Challenge44, earn a iron-on patch and help raise money for the DEC
Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
Challenge 44 is a not for profit, virtual event to raise money for the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal which is organised by the Disasters Emergency Committee. There are 44 million people living in Ukraine and many of them are suffering due to the Russian invasion. People are fleeing their country in fear of their lives, leaving everything behind and they need food, shelter and water.
Sign up to Challenge44 to help us raise funds for the people of Ukraine and we will send you a patch you can wear to show your support for them. From the £10 entry fee £8 will be given to the charity. £2 will cover the cost of the iron-on patch, and as our donation to the cause Love SwimRun will pay for all the expenses incurred from your entry transaction fee and the postage costs. This is not for profit and every penny raised by this challenge will go to the charity and straight to the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
What you have to do for Challenge 44
Come up with your own personal challenge relating to the number 44. It can be anything you like and it does not have to be sports related! It could be anything that is personal to you!
Some ideas include:
– Run 44km in a month
– Swim 44 lengths of the pool
– Cycle 44 miles
– Do 44 situps/squats for 44 days
– Give up chocolate/booze for 44 days
– Walk for 44 minutes each day for a month
– Bake and sell 44 cupcakes and donate the proceeds to the appeal
– Pick up 44 pieces of litter
– Do 44 good deeds
You can complete Challenge44 where ever you like, any time! There is no deadline for your challenge, you can set this yourself. You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids or your grannie, even your dog! Do it alone or complete it as a challenge with some friends!
We would love to see photos of you doing your challenges too! Please tag us in your pictures on social media @loveswimrun and we will share them.
We will send you your sew-on patch once you enter – they may take a while to arrive as they take a fews weeks to be me made!
Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
When large-scale disasters hit countries without the capacity to respond, the Disaster Emergency Committee brings together 15 leading aid charities to raise funds. In these times of crisis, people in life-and-death situations need help and the DEC’s mission is to save, protect and rebuild lives through effective humanitarian response.
The Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal has been set up to help more than half a million people who have fled their homes to escape the conflict in Ukraine. Heavy fighting, shelling and air strikes across the country have had devastating consequences for ordinary people. Homes have been destroyed. Families have been separated. Lives have been lost. At Ukraine’s borders with Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and Moldova, huge numbers of people are arriving with only what they can carry.
DEC charities and their local partners are in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries providing food, water, shelter and medical assistance.
If you would prefer to donate to the Disaster Emergency Committee directly you can do so on their website: https://www.dec.org.uk/. Thank you!
International Entry: £12.00
Includes: Your entry, sew-on patch and postage. £8 will go to Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal. £2 will cover the cost of the iron-on patch and Love SwimRun will pay for the transaction fee and postage.
Entries close on 30th April 2022 or when we run out of patches.
How to sign up
It’s super easy to register!
- Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
- Click in the button below to go to the payment system.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the address you provide is the same as you’d like the sew-on patch to be posted to. If you supply the wrong address we cannot be held responsible for a lost patch!
- Patches will be sent after you enter, once they have been produced (this could take 4-5 weeks)
What do I do for the challenge?
Anything you like! Make up your own challenge related to the number 44. See above for some ideas.
Where can I do Challege44?
You can complete your challenge anywhere you want!
Who can enter Challenge44?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to enter that they should complete the challege under supervision of a parent/guardian but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there do it! By entering our Virtual challege you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by completing your challege is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your challenge.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International Participants’ option when you enter.
Do I have to send you evidence of my challenge?
No, you do not but we’d love to see photos of you completing your challenge. Please email us at email@example.com or tag us in social media @loveswimrun
How big is the patch and when will I get my sew-on patch?
The patch is 7cm wide. We will send out all patches once you enter and as soon as we have them. It takes a few weeks for them to be made so it may take 4-5 weeks to receive your patch. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your patch is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will be unable to send out a replacement.
How do you know where to send my sew-on patch?
All sew-on patches will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the challenge though PayPal.
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! We will close entries when all the patches have gone.
How much of my entry fee goes towards charity?
£8 from your entry fee will be given to charity. This only covers the cost of the patch. Love SwimRun will pay for the cost of the entry transaction and postage.
- Always swim with a buddy or some sort of safety support such as a tow float AND shore watch, etc. Love SwimRun strongly encourages swimmers to use a tow float for both visibility and safety purposes. Carry a waterproofed phone if you can.
- Swim within your limits. Open water conditions vary widely, make sure you know the area you are swimming in well and swim within your abilities when it comes to depth, distance, temperature, waves, currents, water conditions.
- Adhere to whatever local COVID-19 related social distancing rules that may be in place (abiding by beach closures, maximum gathering sizes, etc).
- Only swim where you are legally allowed to do so and adhere to any restrictions in place.
- Leave no trace. Please pick up any litter and leave the water and surrounding areas as you found it
- Only use ‘Reef Safe’ sunscreen and lubricants to protect aquatic life.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to Challenge44, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
- For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to Challenge44, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual event and that the organisers will not provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants have read and agree to abide by the ‘Swim Safely’ advice provided if they intend to swim for their challenge.
- Entrants acknowledge that there are no winners or prizes for this challenge.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the participant listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser of this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their challenges in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for entry to the virtual event and not to ‘purchase’ the sew-on patch. The patch is a reward for all completing Challenge44.