The 12 Dips Of Christmas virtual swim challenge
Go for 12 dips or swims to earn a big iron-on patch and help raise money for Air Ambulance!
About 12 Dips of Christmas
Love SwimRun has re-written the words to the 12 Days of Christmas to make it a little more winter swimming themed! Each day features an essential cold water swimming accessory (yes, everyone needs a Santa!).
12 Dips of Christmas is a fun swimming challenge that you can complete any time during the months of November and December! All you need to do is go for 12 swims or dips, or you can even take 12 cold showers! You can swim in the sea, a lake, river or at the pool, wetsuit or non-wetsuit. There are no age limits! You can sign yourself up, sign up a friend, your kids or your grannie! It’s much more fun (and safer!) if you go dipping with a group of friends so why not sign up as a team?!
The 12 Dips of Christmas virtual event is limited to 100 entries.
How it works
The 12 Dips of Christmas costs £10 to enter and £4 of that will go to charity.
This is a fun, personal challenge not a race. You can do 12 very quick dunks in cold water or you can choose to make it more challenged by setting yourself time or distance goals outdoors or in the pool. You can easily do this challenge alongside other winter swim challenges you are completing. 12 Dips of Christmas officially starts on 19th Nov and finishes on 31st December 2021 (6 weeks). You can do your swimming at any time during that time, but we don’t mind if you start earlier or finish later either!
There are no prizes but you will receive a fantastic iron-on patch so you can show off your achievement! We will also add all your names to a Virtual Christmas Pool on the website. You do not have to send in any evidence of your dips but we would love to see photos of you doing some of your festive swims and will add these to the Virtual Pool too and share on social media! How about making a quick video of you singing The 12 Dips of Christmas whist swimming? You can email us with them at firstname.lastname@example.org or please tag us in your pictures/films on social media @loveswimrun.
The iron-on patch is 10x10cm and features the design below:
Since we have put so much effort into creating this fun illustration, we thought we’d also offer it as an A4 print and as a Christmas card pack!
These can be sent to the UK Only.
A4 print is £8
(Including UK postage, frame is not included. For a bigger image see above)
Pack of 5 cards is £6.50
Pack of 10 cards is £11
(Including UK postage and envelopes. Cards are 125x125mm square. Image below shows the front and back of the card. Inside is blank)
Raising money for Wales Air Ambulance
Wales Air Ambulance covers the whole of Wales every single day, and in the rest of the UK if required. Each year their helicopters attend around 2,500 missions, from remote areas to towns and cities. This includes the length of the Welsh coastline and the vast mountain ranges. They are ready to saves lives wherever needed!
Wales Air Ambulance can be there for anyone in Wales within 20 minutes, not just to perform rescues and fly patience to hospital but also to bring A&E directly to where it is needed. The helicopters and crews have some of the most pioneering equipment and skills in the world. This means patients receive advanced, life saving care before they even reach the hospital.
The Wales Air Ambulance is funded entirely by public support. The charity does not receive direct funding from the government or qualify for National Lottery funding. The helicopters are kept in the air through charitable donations and fundraising events. £8 million is needed every year to operate the service.
£4 from your entry will go to Air Ambulance to help them with their vital work. You can make an extra donation when you sign up too!
International Entry: £12.00
Includes: Your entry, iron-on patch, postage & £4 donation to Air Ambulance.
Entries close on 31st December 2021 or when we reach the limit of 100 entries.
How to sign up / buy
It’s super easy to register!
- Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
- Click on the button below to go to the entry system.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the address your provide is the same as you’d like the patch to be posted to. If you supply the wrong address we cannot be held responsible for a lost patch/items!
- Complete your swims by 31st December. You don’t have to send us any evidence but we’d love to see some photos! We will send you your patch in the post when the challenge finishes (or as soon as we receive the patches in December).
Do I have to swim outdoors?
No! You can swim in a swimming pool if you want to, or even take cold showers instead.
Where can I do my swim?
You can complete your swim anywhere you want – in the sea, a lake, river, pool, cold shower or even as a tethered swim.
Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
No! You don’t have to wear a wetsuit.
How long have I got to complete the dips?
You have until the end of December to do your dips.
Who can enter a virtual swim?
Anyone! We would ask that if your child (under 16) wants to enter that they should complete the swims under supervision of a parent/guardian but apart from that there are no restrictions. Just get out there and swim! By entering our Virtual Swim you are agreeing that any injury or damage that is caused by completing your race is your own responsibility. Love SwimRun Limited Ltd will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury that occurs during your swim.
I’m not in the UK, can I still enter?
Of course! Although we do have to charge a small postage fee to anyone entering from outside of the UK. Just make sure you choose the ‘International’ option when you enter.
Do I need to send you evidence?
No you don’t, but we love to see photos of your swims! Please email us at email@example.com or tag us in your pictures on social media @loveswimrun
When will I get my sew-on patch?
We will send out all patches as soon as we receive them in December. Please note that if you have given us an incorrect address or if you move house and fail to notify us of your address change (therefore your patch is sent to the wrong address or is not received at all) then we will be unable to send out a replacement.
Are there different patch designs?
No. There is one patch design.
How do you know where to send my sew-on patch?
All sew-on patches will be sent to the address that you registered with when signing up for the challenge though Ticket Tailor
When can I register for the challenge?
Registration is open now! You can sign up any time up until 31st December 2021 and from any location!
When do I do my swims?
The 12 Dips of Christmas officially starts on 19th Nov and finishes on 31st December 2021 (6 weeks). You can do your swimming at any time during that month, but we don’t mind if you start earlier or finish later!
I’m injured/sick and I cannot do the swim.
Unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund but we will make sure you still get your sew-on patch if you want it and we hope you can complete your swims early next year instead.
How much of my entry fee goes towards chairty?
£4 from your entry fee will be given to charity but you can make an extra donation when you register if you wish to.
- If you are new to winter swimming please read out article on Winter Swimming before you start your challenge: http://loveswimrun.co.uk/getreadytowinterswim/
- Always swim with a buddy or some sort of safety support such as a tow float AND shore watch, etc. Love SwimRun strongly encourages swimmers to use a tow float for both visibility and safety purposes. Carry a waterproofed phone if you can.
- Swim within your limits. Open water conditions vary widely, make sure you know the area you are swimming in well and swim within your abilities when it comes to depth, distance, temperature, waves, currents, water conditions.
- Adhere to whatever local COVID-19 related social distancing rules that may be in place (abiding by beach closures, maximum gathering sizes, etc).
- Only swim where you are legally allowed to do so and adhere to any restrictions in place.
- Leave no trace. Please pick up any litter and leave the water and surrounding areas as you found it
- Only use ‘Reef Safe’ sunscreen and lubricants to protect aquatic life. See our informative article on environmentally responsibe swimming here: http://loveswimrun.co.uk/eco-swimming/
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- For entrants 16 years and over: By completing an entry to The 12 Dips of Christmas virtual swim, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
- For entrants under 16 years: By completing an entry to The 12 Dips of Christmas virtual swim, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 16 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual swim and that the organisers will not provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants have read and agree to abide by the ‘Swim Safely’ advice provided.
- Entrants acknowledge that organisers cannot completely track or verify results in this virtual event. The Organisers decision is final.
- Entrants acknowledge that there are no winners or prizes in this event.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers Love SwimRun Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about future LoveSwimRun events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the participant listed on the entry system and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser of this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their swim in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for any reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is for entry to the event and not to ‘purchase’ the sew-on patch. The patch is a reward for completing the swims during December 2021.
15. Any missing patches must be reported by 7th January 2022. After this date we will not be responsible for any losses.
16. Any products purchased will be posted to the address supplied when checking out. Any missing or damaged items must be reported within 2 weeks of purchase or we will not be responsible for any losses.